Order 21 Rule 2 CPC: Payment out of Court to decree-holder.

Order 21 Rule 2 CPC: Payment out of Court to decree-holder.

Payment out of Court to decree-holder. – (1) Where any money payable under a decree of any kind is paid out of Court. [or decree of any kind is otherwise adjusted] in whole or in part to the satisfaction of the decree-holder, the decree-holder shall certify such payment or adjustment to the Court whose duty it is to execute the decree, and the Court shall record the same accordingly.
(2) The judgment-debtor [or any person who has become surety for the judgment-debtor] also may inform the Court of such payment or adjustment, and apply to the Court to issue a notice to the decreeholder to show cause, on a day to be fixed by the Court, why such payment or adjustment should not be recorded as certified; and if, after service of such notice, the decree-holder fails to show cause why the payment or adjustment should not be recorded as certified, the Court record the same accordingly.



About us:

Verma Law Associates is an offspring of Advocate Anoop Verma and other experienced Advocates/Lawyers.

Advocate Anoop Verma has been advising individuals, corporates, businesses on a variety of legal issues since his call to the Punjab & Haryana Bar Council.

After gaining years of experience working for law firms, Advocate Anoop Verma opened his own Law firm “Verma Law Associates” where he is able to provide quality legal services at reasonable rates.

During his career, he has been involved in some of the most complicated and high profile cases, and participated in several ground-breaking litigation cases. Having been trained and mentored by some of best lawyers, he brings a unique perspective and varied experience to his practice.

We at Verma Law Associates handles all the cases pertaining to:

  • Criminal Law
  • Banking Law/DRT (Debt Recovery Tribunal)
  • Civil Law
  • Family Disputes
  • Consumer Laws
  • Service Law/Service Matters
  • Company Law/NCLT (National Company Law Tribunal)
  • Motor Accident Claims
  • Property Law

Have a Question? Schedule a Consultation.

We offer initial consultations over the telephone and in person at no cost.

Talk to Advocate Anoop Verma directly

Advocate Anoop Verma

Punjab & Haryana High Court Chandigarh, DRT Chandigarh

Email: advanoopverma@gmail.com


Leave a Reply